The short answer is as of right now, parents are unable to directly add money to a student's OneCard. They were able to several years ago, but this option is under review, as the older method was not as secure as we would have liked. This page details the steps necessary to add money to a student's account in order to allow the student to transfer funds to their OneCard.
How Do I Add Funds to My Student's OneCard?
This method will only work if the student has a positive balance in their student account.
What Parents Need to Do
First, the parent must deposit money into the student's Student Account, the process takes place in CashNet.
- Log in using your Parent Pin.
- If you are having trouble, please consult the CashNet How-To page.
- In the My Account module, click Click here to make a payment.
- Click Total Amount.
- Enter the amount you would like to add to your student's account in the Amount form.
- Click Add to Shopping Cart.
- Click Checkout if you are ready to proceed with the transaction.
Select your payment type, if you have saved credit card information, it will show up here as an option.
There is a 2.75% service fee for using a credit card. CashNet accepts Visa, Mastercard, American Express, and Discover. There is no fee when you make your payment by electronic check (ACH).
If you choose to pay with a credit card not yet associated with your CashNet account, select the Enter new credit card information radio button.
- Read and review the terms, the next page will provide you with the total service fee you will be charged.
- Enter the information for your credit card information carefully, the transaction will not be processed if you enter any wrong value.
- Continue with the transaction
- If you choose to pay with electronic checking not yet associated with your CashNet, select the Enter new electronic check information radio button.
- Enter the bank information for your checking account carefully, the transaction will not be processed if you enter any wrong value.
- Continue with the transaction.
- Inform your student and let them know to keep an eye on their Student Account for the deposit in the next few days.
What Students Need to Do
After a parent has made a deposit in your student account and the transaction has cleared, the available balance will appear in your student account in the Portal. The student will then be able to transfer the funds to their OneCard Debit. For more information on transferring the funds to OneCard: How Do I Add Funds to my OneCard?